About Core Group of Professionals for Brahmaputra
The Core Professional Group for the Brahmaputra (CPGB), is a registered non-government organization (NGO) consisting of international and national professionals. The organization (the Society) was formed in 2009 and registered under Societies Registration Act. XXI of 1860, in September 2010 in Guwahati, Assam with two main objectives:
- The Society will work toward formulating innovative technical solutions to mitigate the hazards of flood and river bank erosion of the mighty Brahmaputra River and harnessing the regional water resources for economic growth and environmental quality of the State of Assam.
- The Society will use its resources, financial and human, for creation of an environmental awareness, primarily in the rural areas of the State of Assam, for protection of the natural resources, and will implement small-scale flood and erosion control projects to demonstrate technical effectiveness of such projects for collaboration in larger projects in the Brahmaputra and its tributaries.
The vision of the Core Professional Group for the Brahmaputra (CPGB) is to provide sustainable innovative solutions for mitigation of chronic Flood and River Bank Erosion of the Brahmaputra
- Access and connect experts in the field of Flood and Erosion of Large Rivers (FELR).
- Participate and make presentation related to FELR at Meetings/Workshops organized by various organizations including WRD, Govt. of Assam.
- Alert State and Central Government to the availability of CPGB's experts/professionals.
- Monitor and built a collaboration working relationship with IIT Guwahati.
- Implement appropriate processes to monitor and evaluate the impact, efficiency and sustainability of CPOG's project and program.
- Facilitate the exchange of idea and information with the cooperative organizations.
Executive Committee/Operation Team
- Chair: Arvind Phukan, Ph.D., P.E. D. Sc (Honorary)
- Vice Chair: Upen Kakati, B.Arch.
- Treasurer: Rajkamal Bhuyan, FCA
- Secretary: Chandan Mahanta, Ph.D.
- Member in Charge of Publicity: Nirmal Kumar Chaudhury, Ph.D.
- Member in Charge of Fund Raising: Ananta Nath, M.S Engineering
- Member in Charge of Regular Conference Calls: Rajen Barua, Ph.D.
- Member in Charge of Membership: Arup Kumar Mitra, Post Graduate, Water Resources Planning
- Member in Charge of Writing Proposals: Arup kr. Sarma, Ph.D.
- Member in Charge of Digital Strategy: Sid Barthakur, PMP
- Member in Charge of Strategy: Bhuvnesh (Gaurav) Ahuja